Part-time Circulation Clerk
The Circulation Clerk public service position is responsible for providing a positive and friendly interactive experience for library users. Also responsible for circulation services including checking materials in/out, collecting fines, issuing cards, maintaining patron records and collection materials, and addressing patron questions and concerns. Duties may vary according to assigned location.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- The ability to meet scheduled hours with rare absences; includes evenings and weekends
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No previous library experience required; customer service experience preferred
- The ability to use the library automation system, email and the internet
- The ability to understand and communicate routine work related information
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and representing the library in a positive manner
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive or as an employment agreement between the employer and employee. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this job and is subject to change as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this document. Any essential functions of this position will be evaluated as necessary should an applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent/applicant when possible.