Announcing a New Digital Service – hoopla!
The Portsmouth Public Library System is excited to announce the public availability of thousands of movies, television shows, music albums and audiobooks, all available for mobile and online access through a new partnership with hoopla digital – all you need is a valid library card!
Portsmouth Public Library System card holders can download the free hoopla digital mobile app on their Android or IOS device or visit hoopladigital.com to begin enjoying thousands of titles – from major Hollywood studios, record companies and publishers – available to borrow for instant streaming or temporary downloading to their smartphones, tablets and computers.
hoopla digital has a simple sign-up and attractive, easy-to-use interface, so it’s easy to get to your listening and viewing experience. There’s also no waiting to borrow popular movies, TV shows, albums or audiobooks. And hoopla digital’s automatic return feature eliminates late fees.
To access the system on your mobile device, you can either download the FREE hoopla digital app from the App Store on your Android or IOS device or visit www.hoopladigital.com from any web browser. There is no need to download an app or extension for your internet browser. Once you have downloaded the app to your device(s) you will be prompted to enter your email address, a password, your library card number, and your library card PIN number. The system will validate that you are in good standing with the library, so that you may begin to browse, borrow, and enjoy the content.
Come see what all the hoopla’s about:
- Once you borrow a title on one device it is automatically available via all devices with the hoopla digital app and via your PC web browsers
- When using hoopla you will be able to begin streaming the content immediately. You can also download content to view at a later date (to access in places you don’t have wi-fi).
- You will be allowed to borrow six (6) titles each month. The monthly borrow limit resets at 12:01 a.m. on the first day of the new month.
- Movies and TV Shows lends for 72 hours
- Music lends for 7 days
- ebooks, Audiobooks and comic books lend for 21 days
- You are able to access (view/listen to) borrowed content as often as you want during the checkout period and you can return any borrowed title whenever you want. Please note that returning a title early does not give users additional borrows for that month.
We hope you enjoy this new service!