Browse Items (349 total)

  • Tags: postcard

2016-02-01-0003.jpg
Black and White Photo image of the old stone post office at the corner of Gallia & Chillicothe Streets. It was completed in 1891, expanded in 1914, closed in 1936, and razed in 1956 for the construction of a five story Montgomery-Ward Department…

Tags:

2016-02-01-0015.jpg
Colorized image of the Aqueduct where the Ohio and Erie Canal crossed over Brush Creek in Rush Township approximately 1832-1870

Tags:

2016-02-01-0013.jpg
Black & White Photo Image addressed and stamped on back. The first unit of this building at Third (3rd) and Gay Streets was built in 1895 and was expanded in 1906. The congregation was later known as the First Christian Church, Disciples of…

Tags:

2016-02-01-0011.jpg
Reddish tone photo Image of the C & O Bridge at Sciotoville towards Kentucky. Completed in 1917, the C & O Northern Railroad Bridge is the longest continuous truss railroad bridge ever built. The distance between the Ohio and the Kentucky shores is…

Tags:

2016-02-01-0009.jpg
Black & white photo image of the drug store on 9th (Ninth) and Waller- address on window is 177 Block.

Tags:

2016-02-01-0007.jpg
Black & white photo image of the church building and neighboring houses. Upper left corner has young woman in a hat other- three corners floral motif above the building river scene. Grand View also Grandview Avenue

Tags:

2016-02-01-0003.jpg
Black & white photo image of the building- two men on the street- houses next to the church

Tags:

2016-02-01-0001.jpg
Black & white photo image of men in a band in the parade

Tags:

2015-10-08-0005.jpg
Leather postcard of the original Portsmouth High School circa 1902-1910. (Davis High School) It was the residence of George Davis at the corner of Gallia & Waller Streets. It was razed for the construction of the PHS high school in 1912.

Tags:

2015-10-08-0001.jpg
Leather Postcard showing the old stone post office built at the corner of Gallia & Chillicothe Streets in 1891. It was expanded in 1914, closed in 1936, and razed in 1956 for the construction of a five story Montgomery-Ward Department Store.

Tags:

2015-10-07-0003.jpg
Black and white photo image of the park with lake. Levi York began developing Millbrook Park in 1899. It covered over 85 acres.

Tags:

Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2