Lobby Washington Hotel, Portsmouth, Ohio

Files - Click thumbnail to enlarge

2017-11-20-0097.jpg
2017-11-20-0098.jpg

Title

Lobby Washington Hotel, Portsmouth, Ohio

Description

Black and white photo image of the lobby of the Washington Hotel. The building was built in 1901 at the corner of Second and Market Streets, the Washington charged $3.00 per day in 1903 (Evans history of Scioto County.) From 1939 to 1956 it was known as the Milner Hotel. In 1979 the Washington House became part of the Riverview Retirement Center development serving the elderly and handicapped.

Creator

Kraemer Art Co.

Date

1907-1915

Contributor

Scans donated by Paul O’Neill from the Bill Glockner collection

Format

Scanned 9 x 14 cm postcard

Coverage

Portsmouth, Scioto County, Ohio

Rights

Paul O'Neill

Collection

Citation

Kraemer Art Co., “Lobby Washington Hotel, Portsmouth, Ohio,” Local History Digital Collection, accessed December 5, 2019, https://www.yourppl.org/history/items/show/18907.

Output Formats