Bigelow Church

Files - Click thumbnail to enlarge

DSCF5671.jpg

Title

Bigelow Church

Subject

Portsmouth churches

Description

Colorized photo image of the Bigelow Church located at 415 Washington Street. Originally Bigelow United Methodist, erected 1857-1858, dedicated 1859. Partially destroyed by fire in 1859 and again in 1867, re-occupied in 1869. The building survived major floods: 1889, 1913, 1921 & 1937. The church was named after Russell Bigelow a circuit rider and young minister. The building is listed on National Register of Historic Buildings.

Creator

Terry Stevenson II

Date

2014

Format

Digital photograph

Coverage

Portsmouth, Scioto County, Ohio

Rights

Portsmouth Public Library

Original Format

digital photograph

Collection

Citation

Terry Stevenson II, “Bigelow Church
,” Local History Digital Collection, accessed August 8, 2022, https://www.yourppl.org/history/items/show/2964.

Output Formats