Mound Park, Portsmouth, Ohio

Files - Click thumbnail to enlarge

2015-06-11-0003.jpg
2015-06-11-0004.jpg

Title

Mound Park, Portsmouth, Ohio

Subject

Mound Park

Description

Colorized Image of the park featuring the ball field. The land was donated to the city of Portsmouth in 1918 by Simon Labold. Mound Park was named for the remaining part of the elaborate earthworks originally found on the site. The nine acres are surrounded by Grant Street, 17th Street and Hutchins Street. The Scioto County Children's Home, built here in 1877, was razed and replaced by the present shelter house.

Creator

E. C Kropp Co. Milwaukee, Wis

Date

1942

Contributor

Portsmouth News Agency

Format

3 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch postcard

Coverage

Portsmouth, Scioto County, Ohio

Rights

Portsmouth Public Library

Collection

Citation

E. C Kropp Co. Milwaukee, Wis, “Mound Park, Portsmouth, Ohio,” Local History Digital Collection, accessed July 7, 2020, https://www.yourppl.org/history/items/show/5280.

Output Formats