The U. S. Grant Bridge, Portsmouth, Ohio

Files - Click thumbnail to enlarge

Scan-140327-0002-5.jpg
Scan-141023-0011.jpg

Title

The U. S. Grant Bridge, Portsmouth, Ohio

Subject

Bridge and Kentucky hills

Description

Tinted image of the bridge. A notation at the top: "The Grants operated a tannery on the site of the Kentucky approach to the bridge." The bridge, also known as the Fullerton Bridge, opened in 1927 as a toll bridge and became toll free in 1974. In 2001 it was closed for demolition and replacement.

Creator

H.A. Lorberg, Publisher

Date

1927-2001

Contributor

Cook Photo

Format

9 cm x 14 cm postcard

Coverage

Portsmouth, Scioto County, Ohio

Rights

Portsmouth Public Library

Collection

Tags

Citation

H.A. Lorberg, Publisher, “The U. S. Grant Bridge, Portsmouth, Ohio,” Local History Digital Collection, accessed August 8, 2022, https://www.yourppl.org/history/items/show/764.

Output Formats