Full-Time Branch Manager
Type: Full Time
Salary: $14.54 per hour with benefits
Reports To: Director
Application Procedure: Online only. No paper applications accepted.
The library is accepting applications for a full-time library Branch Manager to work 40 hours per week; starting rate is $14.54 per hour plus benefits. The Branch Manager, under the direction of the Library Director, supervises the staff and workflow of their assigned branch location(s). This position is responsible for the educational, informational and recreational need of the community surrounding the branch locations. This responsibility is met in the input placed on the development of the branch location collections and programming. This position is also responsible for the scheduling and evaluating of the branch location staff.
Minimum Job Requirements
- The ability to meet scheduled hours with rare absences; includes evenings and weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years public library experience
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- The ability to effectively use the Microsoft Office Suite and the Library’s automated circulation system essential
- The ability to understand and communicate complex information and the ability to resolve complex problems; the job has significant accountability for customer satisfaction
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and representing the library in a positive manner
- Selects, schedules and evaluates the branch staff
- Direct workflow and supervise staff in the branch location(s)
- Provides direct public service including circulation, reference and readers’ advisory services
- Work as a cooperative and supportive member of the library team.
- Assist library patrons in using the library including responding to reference questions.
- Plan and present informational programs, presentations and readers’ groups
- Provide timely, accurate and thorough performance reviews for supervised employees.
- Prepare various reports on operations and activities including circulation statistics and library programs.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of library operations and library services
- The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- The ability to assign and oversee the work of direct reports
- The ability and experience with hiring, scheduling, evaluating and other supervisory tasks
- The ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment
- Thorough knowledge of public library services and programs
- Knowledge of basic library operations
- The ability to handle and maintain confidential and sensitive information, accessing such information for legitimate library business only
- Knowledge of and compliance with library policies and procedures
- The ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other staff members and library departments
- Knowledge of and compliance with emergency and safety policies and procedures
- The ability to deal with frequent interruptions in work and move among various tasks effectively
- The ability to learn and implement current and emerging technologies
- Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation / vehicle
- Update job-related knowledge and skills through continuing education workshops, webinars, conferences and staff development activities
- Considerable manual dexterity for use of keyboard and standard office equipment
- Minimal outdoor activity; majority of time in climate-controlled environment
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, and reaching
- Sufficient manual dexterity to function in a general office environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers; handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Sufficient vision and specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Requires regularly lifting items weighing up to sixty pounds
- Regularly required to talk and/or hear within normal ranges
- The ability to respond to alarms and communicate safety information to patrons and staff
- Visual acuity for sustained use of computer monitor
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive or as an employment agreement between the employer and employee. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this job and is subject to change as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this document. Any essential functions of this position will be evaluated as necessary should an applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent/applicant when possible.