The Portsmouth Public Library system offers Notary Services to our library patrons free of charge. You must call ahead to the library to be sure that the Notary is on duty at the specific time that you plan to use the service. View our locations and hours.
Requirements for the use of Notary Services are:
- Please call the library location you wish to visit to make sure a Notary is available. Notary Service is usually available to the public during normal operating hours.
- Prior to your visit, please look over your documents to be sure you have all your paperwork and have completed all required documentation.
- Bring a picture ID with you such as your driver’s license or state-issued identification card. All parties involved in the notarization process must have a picture ID.
- Do not sign anything until the Notary is present.
- If you need witnesses bring them along with you.
- When you arrive at the library there may be a short wait until the Notary is able to leave other duties to offer you Notary service.