The Portsmouth Racing Pigeon Club was organized in 1953. Meetings were held at the clubhouse located at 345 Fourth (4th) Street. Pigeon racing events and shows were held in the Portsmouth Area starting about 1936.
Digital Image. Rear of the building.
1846-Portsmouth Foundry & Machine Shop. Manufactured boilers, engines and other products. Employed about 50.
Civil War Years- The company manufactured cannons for the Union military.
1864-1865 Murray, Moore &…
309 Jefferson & corner of Third (3rd) Streets
The Vulcan Last Corporation built this building in 1927 as part of offices and manufacturing for the golf clubs & golf equipment produced by the company. Vulcan Last retained the…
Estimated construction about 1900. John F. Flannigan Family resided into the 1920s. John F. Flannigan was a well known businessman in the Market Street district. His business dealings included transfer of coal, sand and gravel,…
Spud's Bait Shop was located at the North end of Market Street and the far East end of Sixth (6th) Street.
Raymond "Spud" Kline owned several gas stations and taverns, and an ice cream shop. He owned and operated Spud's Bait Shop for…
The property is located on the north end of Market Street. The property was once owned (1910-1940s) by Joseph A. Frantz a Market Street grocer. Original structure no longer stands. The property has had various owners since about 1952.